Subject: group kmem / current kernel
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1995 03:53:27
I've recently finished a recompile of my kernel rebooted and found that
ps and top no longer work (both sgid kmem)

recompiled with numerous different options etc...  to no avail..

any ideas?

while I'm at it.. to get audio working under current - I've compiled in
the pas16 driver with no problems, but I can't seem to get sound from the
damn thing...  used as such..

	karanthia# audioplay /dev/audio < abc.au
	device `pas,16' version 191 config pas: play chans 1, freq 43478
	audioplay: can't open mixer: no such file or directory

....???

can anyone explain?

what IS needed to get the likes of vat/vic up and running under current?
(apart from a LOT of patience)

----
James Lever
Prentice Centre, University of Queensland