Subject: Re: Drive Jumpers for Adaptec 1542B and Seagate ST4376N drive...
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1995 22:16:23

> I have just picked up five of these Seagate SCSI drives.  I am having a
> devil of a time getting them to work with the Adaptec 1542B controllers
> I have.  So far, I have tried three different controllers and all five
> of the Seagate drives.  I managed to get them to Self Test, and all of
> them successfully low-level formatted.  I accomplished that using DOS
> and Debug.

[...rest deleted...]

I thought I'd publically thank everyone that E-Mailed me suggestions.  I
appreciate all of the support.

It turns out that one of the cards was just plain bad.  The other two
had blown terminator fuses.  I'm not sure what the cause or effect was,
but I replaced the fuses and one of the cards now works fine.  The other
one is still flakey, but I'm not too concerned about it now.

I will probably drop a line to Adaptec and see if they will 'repair' the
cards for me.  It's gotta be cheaper than buying new ones.

--
Dave Burgess  (The man of a thousand E-Mail addresses)
386bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom