Subject: Re: Sup?
To: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@lagavulin.pdl.cs.cmu.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1995 21:58:54
On Jun 14,  2:59pm, Chris G Demetriou wrote:
} actually, sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu _DOES_ still exist, as an ip
} address.  when the new sup server is up and running, the appropriate
} netbsd.org CNAMEs will change, and sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu will have
} its ip address removed (and will be MX'd).

  I think it would be nice if the current CNAME entries had their TTL
value dropped, say to 3600.  They are currently set to 24 hours, so it
could take some time for any changes to propigate to name servers that
have cached the current entries.  I noticed that when the CNAME for
ftp.netbsd.org finally got changed from sun-lamp.  It took close to 24
hours before the entry in our nameserver expired and the new data
fetched.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu