Subject: 16mb program limit??
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: James Lever <James.Lever@mailbox.uq.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/14/1995 19:32:41
What do you have to do to make the kernel let programs grow to larger than
16mb?

Reason being is that we have a couple of machines running as nameservers
and they consistently core dump at 16879992 bytes

At the moment this has only happened on one machine [current 12/1/95] but
the second has yet to grow to >15mb.

What kernel options are relevant to this (other than MAXDSIZ and DFLDSIZ)

One replacement kernel has been compiled with MAXDSIZ = '(32 * 1024 * 1024)'
but to no avail.. it still dumps at 16mb.

Do I need to change DFLDSIZ (initial data size limit) to be greater than
16mb?

TIA.

----
James Lever
Prentice Centre, University of Queensland