Subject: Re: Yet another NetBSD-current i386 boot failure
To: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.pp.fi>
From: Andrew Wheadon <andrew@wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1995 18:17:06
> I'll join the flood with my own observations: the boot floppy failed
> on two out of two machines I tried.  One has an Adaptec 1542A and the
> other has a 1542B.  In both cases the bt0 probe succeeded although
> neither machine has a BusLogic card, and the kernel then either
> hung or panicked in the bt0 driver.

You too have not read the responses, shortly after those messages
I made a kernel available on this machine in ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/ports/i386
which could be used instead (and did work for the only people that
mailed me response.). Since some people might not even have
a NetBSD system from which to mount the kc-floppy to replace the
kernel, I have made a

	kc10Aaha.fs.gz

which uses said netbsd.installaha kernel, though I have
naturally not tried it out. There is no reason it
shouldn't work though.

Cheerio, hope it help(s/ed)
--
The cost of living hasn't affected it's popularity. (unknown)
current	release=doc host=wipux2.wifo.uni-mannheim.de \ "NetBSD-current mirror"