Subject: Re: Trouble with PCI, VGA, 32Mbyte
To: None <dufault@hda.com>
From: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1995 19:13:27
   Sending arbitrary CDB's from the command line is handy.  I'm not
   sure what is so "*suck*"y about the interface; I guess Charles has
   used it and found it a pain in the neck that everything within the
   quotes is in hex and everything outside in decimal.

No; that's the least of the problems.  The most annoying problem is
that, e.g/, a trivial typo can turn a CHANGE DEFINITION command into a
FORMAT UNIT command -- definitely not what the user intended, and by
the time he/she notices, it's way too late.

This is a very unsafe interface, and I would definitely not want
random users to experiment with it.