Subject: Re: How big is the whole tree?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/04/1995 06:28:15
> Really dumb question, but I feel like buying some disk:

> How much will I need to compile the entire -current tree?

Depends to some extent on the architecture you're building for, since
the RISCer the machine, the bigger binaries tend to be.

I just did a du on my sun3 /usr/src, which still contains everything
generated by "make build" (but no kernel build), and I get 171244.  So
200MB would probably be a nice round figure.

Of course, if you want to include the space you need to run the system,
you'll need more.  Again, it'll depend on the architecture to some
extent; the sun3 snapshot I started with fits in 50MB.  And don't
forget that you'll need some swap space too - probably at least 16Mb,
preferably more....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu