Subject: Re: scsi subsystem information wanted...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <bspencer@bassun.cb.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1995 20:52:09
>#: > Also, is anyone out there using removable-media scsi devices?  I've
>#:
>#: If you count CD-roms in on that, sure. To allow removal, just 'umount' the
>#: filesystem, eject it, replace with new media, and 'mount' again.
>
>Why not just put some semantics into 'eject' which will automagically umount
>the volume?

Some time back, I noticed that NetBSD didn't seem to have an eject
command, so I wrote one which does the above [somewhat simular to Suns
eject command, actually].  It is fairly i386 and SCSI specific, but
should be hard to expand to others.  I'll email to anyone who wants to
do more with it.....

[snip]

Brad Spencer - bspencer@bassun.cb.att.com [work]
               bspencer@cbnmva.att.com [more work]