Subject: Re: scsi subsystem information wanted...
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@cs.pdx.edu>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1995 08:18:20
> Also, is anyone out there using removable-media scsi devices?  I've
> been able to use a cd-rom and a 128MB optical drive pretty reliably,
> but I haven't figured out how to change the media in the drive without
> rebooting.  Is there some way to convince the kernel to let go of the
> media (i.e. send an "allow media removal" command to the drive), and
> lock it down again later?

I'm using a 650MB IBM M-O drive attached to an Adaptec 1542CF, on the
i386 port.  Works fine for me.  The medium will not be ejected whilst
it's mounted, so try unmounting it first.  This is with -current from
May 20th, I think - I don't have the machine with me today.

Ken Stailey's got an HP M-O drive working (again on the i386 port).

Cheers,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.