Subject: Re: fdesc filesystem?
To: None <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1995 23:43:54
>>>>> "Olaf" == Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl> writes:

Olaf> I was compiling a program that basically did

Olaf> 	fd = open("/dev/tty", ...); FD_SET(fd, &fdset); err =
Olaf> select(fd+1, &fdset, NULL, NULL, &tv);

Olaf> and this select call did not return until the timeout had
Olaf> passed.  Typing input did not cause a return

I know nothing about the fdesc thingy, but I just wanted to ask if you
are sure that you were not in canonical mode when you tried it the
first time?  I fought this over just last week, when I realized stty
-a showed me icanon set on the tty I used.

Forget this if you are not as stupid as I were...

Niklas