Subject: Re: FreeBSD's NFS = 4.4BSD, NetBSD's NFS = Net/2 ???
To: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
From: Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1995 11:01:15
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   The Net/3 stuff is definative in this world, and may as well be
   the reference implementation for the rest of the world. What comes
   next, especially with IPng is another matter of course. I hope
   efforts like NetBSD and FreeBSD will take up the standard for this
   in the future.

=> I can answer: more than half of the known implementations
of IPv6 are based on 4.4BSD Lite (aka Net/3). It was already
the case for TUBA (an old IPng proposal based on ISO CLNS).
 4.4BSD Lite is the best TCP/IP implementation today and
you can buy the comments (named "TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 2" :-).

Regards

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

PS: ftp://ftp.inria.fr/network/ipv6/ for a proof.