Subject: Re: compressed virtual memory - interested?
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Aleksi Suhonen <ams@lenkkari.cs.tut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 05/30/1995 22:31:41
In message 199505300532.AAA01521@slip-10-8.ots.utexas.edu  VaX#n8 told

}-I'm curious how receptive people would be to using something like this.
}-I believe the professor I would be working under already has a working port
}-on another Unix system, but to be honest I'm not sure exactly which one.

If I currently happened to have a NetBSD machine I'd be the first on
your betatester's line. (I thought about it myself too, but ... don't
have a machine ...:(   )

}-I'm also looking for feedback on the degree of difficulty of this project,
}-and relevant references.  I've not done very much kernel hacking.
}-I've got a spare machine, spare drive space, Leffler et. al. Design & Impl,
}-and the (perhaps not relevant) i386 data book.  Opinions?

I once heard of something similar on a Macintosh, but it's not confirmed.
(Of course I suspect that there are enough working 'ports' on other
UNIX systems to fill all the fingers in at least one hand, but that's
all I know...)

--
	Aleksi Suhonen