Subject: snapshot kernel dying in make depend
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@imsi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/19/1995 14:58:51
I've just installed the i386 snapshot on a machine that was working
fine for some time. The kernel can't manage to find a number of
important devices -- including the ethernet board -- and has
hallucinations about others including an mcd device.

Thinking that the right thing to do would be to build a new kernel
with most devices not on the machine stripped out of the kernel (which
usually cures this sort of madness), I began the process with an
innocent make depend -- which reliably throws me into ddb with a
vm_fault.

Anyone have any ideas? As I said, this machine ran 1.0 just fine for
many months.

Perry