Subject: Re: SUP for Linux
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Sullivan <ksulliva@kludge.psc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1995 17:30:14
Rob Windsor (windsor@punk.weru.ksu.edu) wrote:
: For one, sup isn't a `NetBSD-only' thing.  (Even though archie all-but says
: that.)

: It has been compiled on our (where I work) Solaris 2.3 Sparc LX, and if it
: has been ported to that, it should compile on about every modern OS with
: slight tweakage.

: *Disclaimer:  I wasn't the one who compiled it here, so I don't know how
:               much of of pain it was to get it ported.

I use sup on Ultrix, Solaris (ugh), and OSF/1, and compiled it myself
(from the NetBSD sources; they were all I could find).  It was easy on
all of the platforms except Solaris.  I've never compiled anything for
Linux, but assuming it is really as standard as people claim it is
there shouldn't be much problem compiling sup there.

     -Kevin Sullivan