Subject: MH 6.8.3 config problems
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Mark_Weaver@brown.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1995 13:56:10
I suspect a file locking problem with MH using using mh-config.tar.gz
(from NetBSD/packages).  My .mh_sequences files are occasionally being
corrupted.  The corruptions clearly look like a file locking problem
to me.

I have my .forward file set up to automatically insert mailing-list
mail in their respective folders using rcvstore.  One of the things
that rcvstore does is add the new messages to the "unread" sequence.
If I happen to modify a sequence in the same folder at the same time,
and file locking isn't working, I'd expect this kind of corruption.

Also, "packf" consistently dumps core for me.

I'll check it out myself soon, but I thought I'd let everyone know.
I'm running NetBSD-current supped April 7th, btw.

	Mark
Email: Mark_Weaver@brown.edu           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger mhw@cs.brown.edu       | Dept of Computer Science