Subject: More dirty filesystem problems?
To: current-users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul R. Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/06/1995 03:56:29
(Running NetBSD/Mac, current as of 5-May)

During shutdown usually (but _not_ always) get an infinite loop with the
following message displayed ad nauseum, right after the "syncing disks"
message:

   spec_fsync: dirty: type VBLK, usecount 1, writecount 0, refcount 35

(the refcount varies)

Anyone else seen this?  Did I do something wrong somewhere?  BTW, I do a
"shutdown -r now" and when I reboot, fsck says the filesystems are all
clean and don't need checking.

| Paul Goyette            | PGP Public key available on request  |
| Paul@pgoyette.bdt.com   | Fingerprint: 0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0 |
|                         |              E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6 |