Subject: Postgres95 Beta for NetBSD/i386 1.0a
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/1995 03:33:03
I've put the *BETA* source for Postgres95 up for ftp, along with a
file of diffs to make it work, with dynamic loading, for NetBSD/i386
1.0a, although I see no reason why this won't work on other
architectures.  If it does work on a different port to the 386, please
keep me informed  There's also a gzipped tar archive of the patched
files, if you don't feel like using patch - in which case, untar
postgres95-beta, and then untar the files archive over the top.

The files are located on:

	ftp://charon.amdahl.com/pub/agc/

-rw-r--r--  1 agc         25652 May  5 02:48 postgres95-beta-netbsd-diffs
-rw-r--r--  1 agc         35561 May  5 03:08 postgres95-beta-netbsd-files.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 agc       1793567 May  5 03:07 postgres95-beta.tgz

I've included the announcement about Postgres95 below.  Remember that
this is beta software, folks.  Having said that, the only diffs I had
from the regression tests were to do with timestamps, pathnames, and
usernames. I've used the directory /usr/local/postgres95 directory
for the POSTGRESDIR location - note that any Postgres 4.2 databases
are incompatible with Postgres95 ones.

Note also that you'll need gnu make for this one (see below).

Due to quota constraints on our firewalls, I'll delete the
postgres95-beta.tgz archive on Monday 8th May 1995.

Postgres is either an extended relational database, or an O-O
database, depending upon your viewpoint.

I'm working on making binary and source packages now.  All feedback
welcomed.

Enjoy,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.