Subject: Read-only root
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1995 14:47:41
I've been fussing with NetBSD diskless, in particular with an eye to
making multiple disklesses share the same root area by mounting it
read-only.  There isn't much work needed, I find; is it worth my while
to do something with the list of changes I have to make?  I suppose
what I'm asking is, should I

- send-pr the changes, because this is something that's desired but
   nobody has done yet,

- package the changes up for those few who want this, but don't bother
   with send-pr because core isn't interested, or

- just shut up about it because nobody (else) cares?

I've been doing this with the sun3 and sparc ports, but as far as I can
recall, all the changes are architecture-independent things like
changes to the /etc/rc* scripts.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu