Subject: Re: PCMCIA Driver
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@convex.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1995 13:19:26

Thats grefen@convex.com.

> has one 3/4 ready, which has a machine independent part and a PCMCIA on x86

You are an optimist :-)) 1/2 I would say .. (But than if I compare to
Dos/Windows it's 99% ready :-/ )

> machine specific part (but you could hang in stuff for PCMCIA on Amiga
> or PowerPC). He also wrote glue stuff for the com driver (for PCMCIA
> modem cards), a SCSI card and a few network drivers. I changed the if_ep to a
> lso
> recognise the 3c589 (is in production use since yesterday).
> Unfortunately, still 1.0 based.

Will change when I upgrade. My Dual Pentium board is here ,
Memory/CPU's et.al. next week and than I'll upgrade.
(Yes 2 CPU's will be ordered, and the only OS on the disk will be NetBSD ...
 and BSDI's BSD/386 If they pay for the Dual CPU stuff )

> > 	The code is table driven as far as the information for each card,
> > but the card has to be in the correct slot for it to be initialized.
> > The hooks are there to implement user level init software, but I was
> > mainly interested in being able to boot with the cards already enabled.
> > I'll probably get around to it at some point.
> >
> > 	Works with:	Data Race RediCard  24/96 Modem
> > 			TDK DF2814 Modem
> > 			Linksys E-Card (D-Link 650)
> > 			3Com 3c589 (This card needs a specific driver
>
> I adapted the 1.0 if_ep code to also work with Stefans code.
>
> Maybe be should try to coordinate efforts... Stefan is very busy at the
> moment with his job, as I understand?

Yes, there is no need for 2 solutions in NetBSD. It looks like his
stuff is more user-land based while mine more kernel based. I think
we could merge it.

Right I'm busy with 3 Projects (1 job 2 private), 2 hot (means burning sky high)
site's , a beta site , 1 1-year old son and a wife thats mad at me because I
don't take my 2 year old vacation days :-))

--
Stefan Grefen                          Convex Computer GmbH, Frankfurt, Germany
grefen@convex.com		       Phone: +49-69-665270