Subject: Re: PCMCIA Driver
To: Patrick Arnoux <parnoux@orli.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1995 12:45:34
Hi Patrick,

> 	I have a PCMCIA driver for the NetBSD 1.0A ix86 port, though I have not
> seen any great demand for such a thing, in case anyone is interested, I'll
> be happy to share the code.

Thats the second effort I hear about. Stefan Grefen <Grefen@confex.com>
has one 3/4 ready, which has a machine independent part and a PCMCIA on x86
machine specific part (but you could hang in stuff for PCMCIA on Amiga
or PowerPC). He also wrote glue stuff for the com driver (for PCMCIA
modem cards), a SCSI card and a few network drivers. I changed the if_ep to also
recognise the 3c589 (is in production use since yesterday).
Unfortunately, still 1.0 based.

> 	The code is table driven as far as the information for each card,
> but the card has to be in the correct slot for it to be initialized.
> The hooks are there to implement user level init software, but I was
> mainly interested in being able to boot with the cards already enabled.
> I'll probably get around to it at some point.
>
> 	Works with:	Data Race RediCard  24/96 Modem
> 			TDK DF2814 Modem
> 			Linksys E-Card (D-Link 650)
> 			3Com 3c589 (This card needs a specific driver

I adapted the 1.0 if_ep code to also work with Stefans code.

Maybe be should try to coordinate efforts... Stefan is very busy at the
moment with his job, as I understand?

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis
	Ignatios Souvatzis