Subject: Re: config.sh for perl5.001 ?
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1995 16:17:47
>    Anyone got a perl5.001/config.sh that worked (passed all tests) under
>    -current?
>
> on what architecture ?

I'm doing this on a 486.

> i got similar results, and i'm looking in to it at the moment.  but
> i have not worked out what is happening (perl is dumping core in
> dlopen()) ..

I got a copy of config.sh from Greg Earle who reports that on
netbsd-1.0-sparc it worked ok.  Comparing his and mine the only
significant difference was that Greg did not use dynamic loading.
Note that most if not all the tests that failed relied on dynamically
loaded extensions.

I'm building a static perl now (running make test....):
All tests successful.!!!

Ok so the changes to config.sh which allow perl to build are below.
If some one does get the dynamic loading working - please let me know.

*** config.sh.zen       Wed Apr 19 11:41:56 1995
--- config.sh   Wed Apr 19 15:49:23 1995
***************
*** 231,239 ****
  db_prefixtype='size_t'
  defvoidused='15'
  direntrytype='struct dirent'
! dlext='so'
! dlsrc='dl_dlopen.xs'
! dynamic_ext='DB_File Fcntl NDBM_File POSIX SDBM_File Socket'
  echo='echo'
  egrep='egrep'
  emacs=''
--- 231,239 ----
  db_prefixtype='size_t'
  defvoidused='15'
  direntrytype='struct dirent'
! dlext='none'
! dlsrc='dl_none.xs'
! dynamic_ext=''
  echo='echo'
  egrep='egrep'
  emacs=''
***************
*** 403,409 ****
  split=''
  ssizetype='ssize_t'
  startsh='#!/bin/sh'
! static_ext=''
  stdchar='char'
  strings='/usr/include/string.h'
  submit=''
--- 403,409 ----
  split=''
  ssizetype='ssize_t'
  startsh='#!/bin/sh'
! static_ext='DB_File Fcntl NDBM_File POSIX SDBM_File Socket'