Subject: Re: files.i386.newconf: device `scd' used but not defined
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <r-boni@uiuc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1995 22:37:35
In message <199504190219.WAA04502@pain.lcs.mit.edu>, you write:

-> > Verily did Chris G Demetriou write:
-> >
-> > > what is an scd, and why do you have it mentioned in your config.file?
-> >
-> > Oh, and I forgot to re-mention that this is independent of whichever
-> > kernel config file I try.
->
-> as charles mentioned here on the list, "i biffed something."
->
-> what he didn't explain was that what if biffed was leaving the
-> "major" declaration for scd in files.i386.newconf.

	I think that one also needs to fix arch/i386/i386/conf.c as it
	includes "scd.h" and "cy.h" neither of which will currently exist,
	and then tries to build cdev and bdev entries based on the non-
	existent devices.

	I nuked the #includes and bdev and cdev declarations for both of
	those, and then had to replace the actual [b/c]devsw entries with
	the appropriate blank entries [bdev_lkm_dummy or cdev_notdef].

	BTW, to those watching, the IPL stuff will bite you [at least it
	did me] if you get past that.... I just sent cgd off some patches.

							--rafal

| In search of the stress-strain relationship governing  |/|       Rafal Boni |
| students of mechanics... Experimentally.               |\|  r-boni@uiuc.edu |