Subject: Re: Boot from CD-ROM
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 04/14/1995 15:43:51
On Apr 13,  7:26, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Ummm...maybe I'm missing something...but *where* are you going to put
> bootblocks?  I thought we already figured out that we can't have N
> partitions on the CD, where N is the number of working ports...

 Oh actually you can! There is plenty of space in the first 15 blocks of the
CD-ROM to write something like a FAT or whatever is rewuired by UFS to know
about a partition starting anywhere *behind* the ISO-9660 image which
starts at Block 16.

 As for now I woud be happy to have a single-platform solution, later on I would
work on a multiplatform solution...

--
Markus Illenseer