Subject: Re: VOLVOX
To: None <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Marc Duponcheel <mduponch@cisco.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/13/1995 12:17:33
> From owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG  Thu Apr 13 00:39:21 1995
> From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
> Subject: Re: VOLVOX
> To: mduponch@cisco.com (Marc Duponcheel)
> Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 21:59:33 +0200 (MET DST)
> Cc: current-users@NetBSD.ORG
> Sender: owner-current-users@NetBSD.ORG
>
> > I wanted to make a custom current kernel and I (almost) got it
> > working.
> >
> > Q: can the person (pk@chroom) who compiled this kernel send me his
>
> That VOLVOX kernel was actually almost identical to the SUN4C one in
> /sys/sparc/conf.
>
> What's the problem you're having with your kernel?
>
> -volvox

Hello Paul,

The 'problem' was that I first could not get past some device during
boot. Next I could not get past the network initialisation. Each day I
supped new sources and tried again. (also I started from SUN4C).
Yesterday I had success !

PS: I *had* to hack a line in mem.c

something like

char vmmsomething[SOMESIZE];

The system looks very stable now. (I recompiled lib and am compiling the rest now)

 Greetings,

-- marc.                  \|||/
                          (o o)
+----------------------ooO-(.)-Ooo----------------------------------------+
|                                       |  Cisco Systems Belgium NV/SA    |
|         |          |                  |  Complex Antares                |
|        |||        |||                 |  71, Avenue des Pleiades        |
|       |||||      |||||                |  B-1200 Brussels                |
|                                       |  BELGIUM EUROPE                 |
|      Brussels MIS Team                | alias:  brussels-mis@cisco.com  |
|       Marc Duponcheel                 | v-mail:    +32 2 778 42 40      |
|         MIS analyst                   | e-mail: mduponch@cisco.com      |