Subject: Re: Questions about features of NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andre Skarzynski <abs@itu3.sun.ac.za>
List: current-users
Date: 04/12/1995 11:07:10
Ernst J. du Toit wrote :

> > On Mon, 10 Apr 1995 13:02:18 -0400
> >  der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > Not necessarily...The i386-family isn't the *only* machine out there with
> > ISA...Otherwise, why would there be `/sys/dev/isa' ? (or eisa, or pci...)
> >
> Well, I DO have this TATUNG MARINER Sparc clone machine that runs SunOS
> 4.1 of an Adaptec 1542B on an ISA bus... Yes I know, shudder, you should
> see that disk preformance :-) Anyway I'd LOVE to see NetBSD support this
> 'thing' its due for retirement this year and I can sure use it longer if
> possible...

And I know someone with an ALPHA PC which has ISA and PCI slots. He would love
to run something else besides Windoze NT. And not to forget the IU 68030 work-
station that also has an ISA bus.

--
Andre B. Skarzynski  -- Information Technology, University of Stellenbosch --
abs@itu1.sun.ac.za   ------- Tel: +27 21 8084293 Fax: +27 21 8084102 --------