Subject: Anyone ported or got the Adaptec 2842/2942 driver under NetBSD?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <darykon!simmons@nwnexus.wa.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1995 08:17:04
If no one has tried porting the Adaptec 2842 driver over from FreeBSD, I
was going to look into doing just that. I need to get my workstation system
up on current first, but then was going to take a hack at it!

If someone could let me know how to slide in a new SCSI controller driver
into the current-kernel, I would be most appreciative. I think it has
something to do with newconfig, but I'm not at all sure.

I had heard, from I think the Linux group, that Adaptec was being more
receptive about releasing information on their Microcode. This, I hope, might
lead to a non-GPLD Microcode driver.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give!

Gerry
simmons@darykon.wa.com