Subject: Re: Questions about features of NetBSD
To: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 04/11/1995 08:09:07
On Tue, 11 Apr 1995 15:45:05 +1000
 matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:

 > right.  i've written code for the sparc port to allow it to write
 > sunos disklabels.  i think it didn't work last i looked at it...  :-)
 > i'm fairly sure there isn't spare space on the sunosdisklabel,
 > however...but i don't remember this being a problem..

I was looking at 128 bytes in...(the sl_xxx1 member of the
structure)...it's large enough to hold a BSD disklabel, but I need to
convince myself that there isn't anything important there already...

 > netbsd/sparc can read netbsd disklabels of course.    it's only for
 > port's like the sparc port that are forced to use non-native labels
 > that need the code to handle other formats.  if this code was taken
 > from the arch/ tree and put elsewhere for all to use...

I was thinking kern/subr_disklabel.c

Moffet Field, CA 94035                                 Pager: 415.428.6939