Subject: Re: printer
To: Tom T. Thai <tomthai@future.net>
From: Tom W. Cutter <twcutter@mowgli.wr.usgs.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 04/07/1995 11:10:20
Tom,
Are you using the serial, parallel, or network interface?
If serial or parallel, then stty parameters like crnl could be set
for the interface.  If network, a rp=text paramenter should be set.

>From my man printcap, it say you can set line parameters with
fs and clear with fc it refers to gstty.h.

Looking a gstty.h the appropraite line for setting cr to crnl is
#define         CRMOD           0x00000010      /* map \r to \r\n on output */
Which may vary with your machine.

This would mean you'd add fs#10:

(Serial: 19200 baud using tty02)

lp|Postscript:\
       :mx#0:sh:sf:rw:\
       :br#19200:lp=/dev/tty02:\
       :fs#01:
       :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:

(Parallel: using /dev/lp)

lp|Postscript:\
       :mx#0:sh:sf:rw:\
       :lp=/dev/lp:\
       :fs#01:
       :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:

(Network interface)

lp|Postscript:\
       :mx#0:sh:sf:rw:\
       :rm=lp:\
       :rp=text:\
       :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
       :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:

Notes 	The sf is done because it is postscript.  It prevents form feeds
	which are un-needed. It is definitely needed in HP pcl mode.  The
	sh is done because postscript does nothing with text banners.
	If you have a autoswitching printer text or postscript you
	whould not put in sh to prevent text banners.  It should be able
	to handle them.

--
Tom Cutter	California District	twcutter@mowgli.wr.usgs.gov
Macintosh?	Dos? 		Just Say No!