Subject: kernel-by-email thing -> soon.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/06/1995 22:15:19
I've figured out all the intricacies of mail filtering (especially when you
have a dynamically allocated IP address and have to rcp your mail from a
known host... BLECH!)

Kudos to those who suggested using the "sender" line to catch mailing-list
stuff, I must have completely overlooked that option to filter - or maybe
I assumed it was the same as the From: line.

As soon as I get some disk space, I'll spend an hour or two setting it up.
Right now I'm a little low (some lines deleted):
Filesystem  512-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/sd0a        19454    17508        0   100%    /
/dev/sd0e       317726   281436     4516    98%    /mnt/sd0e
/dev/sd0g        19454     6508    11000    37%    /mnt/sd0g
/dev/sd0h      1278206  1135146    15238    99%    /mnt/sd0h

I'm going to plan on a one-compile-at-a-time limit.  It would be nice to
canonicalize config file formats so that equivalent (but not necessarily
identical) ones would be serviced at one time.  I.E. do some sorting of
options, etc.  Still haven't looked too deeply into security implications,
but they shouldn't be hard to address.

Since I have your attention, a few question-ettes:
1) Where can one find info on dynamically allocated IP's, and how to deal with?
2) ...info on SLIP protocols, implementations?
3) ...some "gold plated" C++ source of template/classes, ADT-like stuff, etc.
Meta-4) ...information on where to ask these things?
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Deal with evil through strength, yet encourage good through trust.    - PGP me