Subject: Re: Exporting files for netboot
To: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1995 17:57:19
>I want to netboot NetBSD/sun3, with filesystems served from a NetBSD/Amiga
>box.  But it appears that NFS on NetBSD can't be used to export files.

>Does anyone know how to do this?  I want to have /netboot/swap (a 8MB file)
>exported.  What should the /etc/exports line look like?

NFS-export the directory /netboot. The kernel will then mount /netboot
and access the swap file and root that way.

This is how runner.vorpal.com [386sx/25 6mb] boots from
blade.vorpal.com [486slc2/66 16mb]:

	blade% cat /etc/bootparams
	runner.vorpal.com  root=blade:/usr/runner/root \
        	           swap=blade:/usr/runner/swap

	blade% cat /etc/exports
	/usr -root=0 -alldirs runner.vorpal.com
	/local -root=0 runner.vorpal.com

	blade% dir /usr/runner
	total 8013
	drwxr-xr-x  16 root  wheel      512 Apr  2 14:24 root/
	-rw-------   1 root  wheel  8192000 Apr  1 16:48 swap

Cheers,
Phil
--