Subject: Exporting files for netboot
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/03/1995 14:11:28
On SunOS, you can NFS export single files (as opposed to directories).

This is useful for netbooting swap files, or, in the case of the National
Capital FreeNet, they export their utmp's into a common place as an
alternative to the various who's out there.

I want to netboot NetBSD/sun3, with filesystems served from a NetBSD/Amiga
box.  But it appears that NFS on NetBSD can't be used to export files.

Does anyone know how to do this?  I want to have /netboot/swap (a 8MB file)
exported.  What should the /etc/exports line look like?

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key