Subject: "Sacredness" of files in fpsp
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, amiga-dev@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Widenfalk <t94dwi@student.tdb.uu.se>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/1995 17:52:01
Hi,

I'm working on inplementing the 060sp into NetBSD and I'm wondering:
Are the *.sa files in sys/arch/m68k/fpsp untouchable and unchangable
(for any reason)?

The reason I ask is that a large part of the 060fpsp (not compatible with
the 040fpsp) is identical to the (040)fpsp, like sin, cos, etc. With some
changes to the existing fpsp I could create a new fpsp that would support
the 060 too.

It is MUCH easier to add a processor check in front of the exception
functions, but that means adding ~58k to the executable kernel (i.e. the new
060fpsp), so a combined fpsp could be preferable.

I don't know how much work it'll take to create the new fpsp, but my guess
is it'll take lots.

So, now I'm asking for your opinion on:
1) Should I try to merge the two fpsps?
2) MAY I modify the files in sys/arch/m68k/fpsp?

I known that more architectures that Amiga use these files, so I need all
opinions I can get.

Ciao
/Daniel Widenfalk
t94dwi@student.tdb.uu.se

P.S. I'm also working on the other parts of the 060sp. (i.e. unimplemented
integer instructions, unimplemented ea, vm support etc.)