Subject: Re: Password Expiration Change
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.netins.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/01/1995 11:47:00
[ On Sat, April  1, 1995 at 08:06:05 (-0600), Dave Burgess wrote: ]
> Subject: Password Expiration Change
>
> In an effort to help make our systems a little more secure, I have made
> a few simple changes to the passwd program, and the local_passwd.c
> function in particular, that 'turn on' six month passwd expiration.

I've been thinking of adding full SVID compatible password expiration to
NetBSD, though not necessarily SVID compliant (just tools to convert
SysV passwd/shadow file format entries, etc.).  This might make NetBSD a
teeny bit more attractive for current SysV users....

Is anyone else interested in this?

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP			robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets Of The Weird <woods@weird.com>