Subject: Re: More on chars
To: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 03/27/1995 09:11:26
In message <9503271101.ZM3394@warhol.me>, Robert Black writes:
>The answer to this appears to be that there are a lot of places in the NetBSD
>binaries that assume signed chars are the default but this is because they
>haven't been debugged properly on systems which assume unsigned chars rather
>than because NetBSD is supposed to be compiled with a default of signed chars.

Huh?  I can only think of two or three systems that even have unsigned chars
as the native, and neither of them run NetBSD (currently).

If NetBSD ever runs on an unsigned char box, the programs will probably
get fixed.  Otherwise, why bother?  Almost everything uses signed chars.

--
Jason Downs           | GCS/CM -d+ H(+++) s+:++ !g p? !au w+ v-(*)
downsj@xenotropic.com | C++(+++) UBAVHS++++$ P--- E--- N+++ W--- M-- V--