Subject: Re: Encoding of doulbes by xdr
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@imsi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/21/1995 16:25:39
J.T. Conklin says:
> > Has anyone else noticed the xdr library does not seem to encode doubles
> > properly?  At least this seems to be the case with version 12.1 of libc.
>
> Do you have some example code that fails?  On what architecture are you
> encountering failures.
>
> I tested this extensively when I first made it work, but it is
> possible that someone's broken it since then.

BTW, I reported a bug a while back that I believe is still extant in
rpcgen; it doesn't handle continuation lines (that is, likes that end
in '\') properly inside % quoted code. This is caused by the fact that
the original rpcgen depended strongly on the way sun's preprocessor
worked. GCC doesn't work the same way and unfortunately that breaks
the continuation line handling.

Perry