Subject: Re: compiling -current patches...
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@frodo.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.oz.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/20/1995 19:57:22
   Send-pr does not really seem to cater for compile errors in the src...
   Should I submit one anyway?

i don't see where it's lacking, actually...

   Anyway, I'm building --current on a sparc here following Alistair's
   build recipe.  Apart from commenting out the fdc0 and fd* in sparc
   kernel's all seems well.

hmm.. my sparc doesn't have problems with this.. maybe it's beacuse it
doesn't have a floopy drive on the machine at all (elc), it does probe
for it and say "not configured" at boot time (like it always has done..)

   The last one avoids many multiply defined errors when building libc.so
   time/* _appear_ to have replaced gen/ctime.c  well removing the later
   certainly allowed the library to be built.

it is removed in my source tree, and it's not in gen/Makefile.inc.  do
you have the 'delete' in your sup file ?  the problem i saw here was
not including time/Makefile.inc and thus not having the time functions
in libc caused some programs to lose.. (not surprising.. :-)

.mrg.