Subject: Re: Ethernet - problems/best?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
From: Brandon Reed <reed@reedb.rhn.orst.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1995 21:50:41
On Thu, 16 Mar 1995, Martin Husemann wrote:

> > Theoretically you're going to max out at around 1meg/sec at 10Mbps on
> > any ISA card.
> > In reality you'll never see it though.
>
> On good days I *do* see it with an SMC 16EPC card on a 486/50.

Sorry about that I made a bad assumption that everyone is in a
environment like mine here, I have to go through at least two 10bt hubs
and a router that's got _lots_ of other traffic to get anywhere, and
that's a relatively un-encumbered connection for me. :)

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed