Subject: Possible lint replacement....
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/1995 17:59:06
I have recently grabbed the LCLint from larch.lcs.mit.edu.

I added a few "#ifndef"s to get around things that were already defined
in our libraries and they compiled up nice as you please...

once I got gmake working.

I used an old version off of a CD-ROM I had lying around.  It made up
reasonably easily and I think it works.  For all I know about Lint
(having never used it) it might be working perfectly; it might also be a
flying pig.

The documentation claims that it is a free lint replacement.  It might
make a nice addition to the toolset if the core team thought we really
needed our own lint.

The bulk of the #ifndef entries were because of sys_errlist and
NMAXsomething (FILES??)....  There was also a whine about "cannot specify
parenthicated arguments to function with empty specification clause."  I
#ifdef'ed the extern "open();" and it was solved.