Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1995 15:14:12
> > Now someone is going to volunteer to make each of the ports capable of
> > cross-compiling kernels and applications for  each of the other ports...

> I keep thinking this is so obvious I forget about it!

That would be a help, but it's only half the story:  a developer still needs
to have a system to *run* applications on, in order to determine whether
that NetBSD/Amiga bug report is a bug in NetBSD or a bug in the application
that gets hidden on all systems except NetBSD/Amiga.

(Well, conscientious developers need a system; slothful developers would
just try to reproduce it on the DOS PC on their desktop, and suggest that
you reinstall your OS if they can't.  REALLY slothful developers will
suggest that even if they *can*...  ;-)