Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1995 10:59:14
"John F. Woods" <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>  wrote:
 > A good point, but it really makes things worse:  you're now expecting
 > Netscape to buy not just one "cheap" NetBSD development machine, but
 > several (what, ten?), some of which will be hard to come by (bought

Now someone is going to volunteer to make each of the ports capable of
cross-compiling kernels and applications for  each of the other ports...

 > Do each of the non-x86 NetBSDs support an executable for some commercial
 > UNIX system?

COMPAT_HPUX needs attention as it's never really been
massaged to fit into the NetBSD framework.

I'm not sure what the issues are surrounding converting the
hp300 port (the port that I use most) to 8k pagesize
so it can run binaries from the other 68k ports...

(Note: I'm not volunteering to do any of the above).