Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1995 08:57:44
> This is current-users, not port-i386... We're talking about the close
> to a dozen _other_ NetBSD platforms that Netscape does NOT run on in
> any way shape or form.

A good point, but it really makes things worse:  you're now expecting
Netscape to buy not just one "cheap" NetBSD development machine, but
several (what, ten?), some of which will be hard to come by (bought
a new Amiga lately?).  Binary compatility standards are important to
the x86 port, but they are probably INDISPENSIBLE to the other ports.
Do each of the non-x86 NetBSDs support an executable for some commercial
UNIX system?