Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1995 22:23:27
[ On Thu, March  9, 1995 at 21:59:02 (-0500), Michael K. Sanders wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Netscape.
>
> This is current-users, not port-i386... We're talking about the close

Of that I'm well aware.

> to a dozen _other_ NetBSD platforms that Netscape does NOT run on in
> any way shape or form.

There are many dozens of other UNIX-based platforms that Netscape does
NOT run on either.  However, given the great ability of NetBSD ports to
run binaries of the vendor ports which normally run on the given
platform, I'd say there's a good chance the Netscape ports for those
platforms (where they exist) *will* run under NetBSD.

We've already seen one report of the SunOS sparc binary running on
NetBSD/sparc....

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>