Subject: Re: Netscape.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@intran.xerox.com>
From: Bakul Shah <bakul@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1995 13:27:19
Linux and BSDI binaries are available on the i386 architecture.
And as we know BSDI binaries work on NetBSD/386.  For the
rest of the architectures it would be nice....  but don't
hold your breath.

> Anyway, they're ignoring a *huge* market (come on, how many of you
> *don't* have home systems with some kind of network feed?  Be honest now.)

The *huge* market is already covered: Linux on x86!
Too bad it is not {Net,Free}BSD but so it goes.

> and this bothers me, so we should insult them until they change.

Try reasoning with them first!

> how easy* the port to *BSD would be, if they support SunOS 4.1.3, I can't
> see it not being worth their time; they'd have to sell, maybe, 2 copies to
> pay for it.

2 copies?  I doubt it.