Subject: Re: config options
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1995 04:03:11
In article <199503042252.OAA05355@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>,
Jason Thorpe  <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

> I *had* a 386i... :-)  I was always under the impression, tho, that SunOS
> for the 386i was `different' enough from regular SunOS that COMPAT_SUNOS
> would have to be frobbed quite a bit to work with its binaries...

There were a number of wierd differences in the userland utilities,
especially related to system administration and NIS.  I think the core
stuff like syscalls, libraries, etc, were all fairly normal SunOS.  (This
is judging from the sun3/SunOS 4.1 manpages, which contain a lot of 386i
information, especially on the differences.  I've not actually spent any
time on a 386i).