Subject: Wierdness when dialing twice
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/1995 23:48:21
I have a program (slipmaint) that opens a tty, then forks a child process
to dial on it.  The child starts all the slip madness (slip_attach,
ifconfig, route) and waits.  If I kill the child, it is supposed to clean
up, and then the parent should fork another child to dial.
It all goes right until here.  When the second child finishes dialing,
and gets a "CONNECT 14400...BIS" string, it is unable to read any further
from the device.  That connect string (sent from the modem) is the last
thing it reads.  If I kill the parent and child both, and start over by
running slipmaint again, the same thing happens (that is, the first child
works fine, the second can't read after getting a connect string).

Why is this?  I'm stumped!  Any help would be appreciated.
slipmaint can be obtained from ftp.unit.no in the /pub/netbsd/contrib dir.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Vax es mi nombre, queso es mi juego.                  - PGP key on request