Subject: Re: nfs swap??
To: David Brownlee <D.K.Brownlee@city.ac.uk>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@LAGAVULIN.PDL.CS.CMU.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1995 06:11:23
> 	No problem creating the file - but then mountd wont accept a file
> 	in /etc/exports - in the exportfs below .../swap is the actual
> 	swapfile, and it complains 'Bad export lists line'. If I make .../swap
> 	a directory (& put the swapfile in it) it exports fine.	(Arg?)
>
> /usr -ro electron
> /export/electron/root /export/electron/swap -maproot=0 electron

the problem is probably that mountd doesn't like the thought of
exporting contents of a single file system two different ways, even if
the "different" ways are really the same.

you should probably (assuming /export/electron is the mountpoint of a
partition) do something like:

/export/electron -maproot=0 -alldirs electron

it's actually no less secure (in terms of hosts being able to access
the contents of the partition) than the individual exports you're
trying to do, and as a bonus, it will probably actually _work_!  8-)

chris