Subject: Documentation of NFS mount options?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 02/15/1995 15:10:25
mount(8) says:

     -o      Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separat-
             ed string of options.  The following options are available:

... generic options elided ...

             The options specific to NFS filesystems are described in the
             mount_nfs(8) manual page.

But mount_nfs(8) says:

     -o      Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separat-
             ed string of options.  See the mount(8) man page for possible op-
             tions and their meanings.

Did these options (commonly "rsize", "wsize", "timeo", "retry", et al.) get
moved to another man page, or is it send-pr time?

We have some software for a Pioneer 500 CD CD-ROM jukebox that allows one to
handle NFS serving and XFS (CD-ROM) serving from the same machine, iff we
run the XFS replacement "mountd" on a different port; e.g. 2050.  SunOS and
Solaris allow the "port=NNNN" option on NFS mounts to handle the case where
the NFS server is listening to a non-default port number; I was trying to find
out if NetBSD supported it as well.  (A cursory glance at mount_nfs.c makes
it appear not.)

	- Greg