Subject: Yet another gripe about x86-specific messages to current-users
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@dsg.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1995 11:56:08
I've been working on a non-x86, non-ISA port of NetBSD-current.
I've tried to the right thing, and subscribe to current-users.
I find I'm being swamped by the signal-to-noise ratio, particularly
by the messages that are entirely x86/ISA specific.

I don't beleive such messages belong in current-users (though if
I'm wrong I apologize for griping about it!). Surely there's a
better place for discussion about things like the latest
xFree86, ISA modem hardware, and so on.

I do realize that PCs are taking over the known computing
universe; but even yet,  there are those of us who do not own
PCs and do not run NetBSD on them, who are trying to follow -current.

(After all, this mailing list ISN'T about That Other Free
BSD-based Unix That Runs ONLY On x86 Hardware :))

Is  there any way to either *STOP* the flow of platform-specific
messages to -current, or to create a new mailing list that ISN'T
dominated by stuff that is largely irrelevant for those of us who
care about *other* NetBSD ports, but want to keep up with changes
to -current?