Subject: Re: 1.0 Binary XFree86-3.1 Keyboard Problem?
To: None <rens@imsi.com>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <agc@uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1995 13:19:58
> Running NetBSD 1.0 with the 1.0-port supplied binaries of XF86-3.1 on
> several different machines, I find that the keyboard locks up after
> 3-5 minutes of use. Mouse and other events still work; just the
> keyboard goes dead.
>
> Rebuilding XF86-3.1 on R6pl6 fixed the problem for me; no more
> keyboard hangs.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? If so, the 1.0 binaries should
> probably be replaced with ones that work, for the sanity of people who
> want to get 1.0.

I used to experience keyboard hangs, but only when I had the "Fast
Gate A20" option enabled in the BIOS.  If it's disabled, I don't get
the hangs.

(Realising that this will produce giggles at arcane hardware from
non i386-port people).

Cheers,
Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)			   +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.