Subject: Re: config question
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1995 13:51:02
> Before anyone hauls out the old "does anyone use LUNs?" I'll mention
> that I own a Sun-3 that has two disks, and they're on target 0 unit 0
> and target 0 unit 1.

For a brief (I hope) historical diversion here, the CRDS boxes I used to
use a long time ago had controllers that would support two MFM disks, a
floppy drive, and a tape on one SCSI ID.  For more recent interest, I
*believe* there exist SCSI adapters that allow several LUN0 SCSI disks to
share a SCSI address; the controller accepts the commands, chooses a disk
by supplied LUN, and returns the results.